Inside This Week Tech Special
Apple WWDC22 Checklist
On June 6, 2022, Apple introduced the all-new MacBook Air and 13-inch MacBook Pro, the Apple M2 Chip, and exciting updates to all Apple systems in the WWDC22 keynote.
Here take your 3 minutes to navigate this keynote.
- 5-nanometer technology, 20 billion transistors — 25% more than M1
- 8-core CPU, the same cores, 18% faster than M1
- Up to 10-core GPU, 35% faster than M1
- Up to 24GB memory, 100GB/s memory bandwidth — 50% more than M1
- M2 chip, 13.6-inch Liquid Retina display with ‘notch’, 0.44'' (1.13cm)thin and 2.7 pounds (1.24kg) weight, 4 colors, without a fan.
- MagSafe return, two thunderbolt ports, a 3.5mm headphone jack
- 1080p FaceTime HD camera, three-mic array, four-speaker sound system with Spatial Audio
- From $1199
13-inch MacBook Pro
New wine in old bottles. — It’s an old 13-inch MacBook Pro with the M2 chip.
So, no ‘notch’ with Touch Bar
- Ventura is a California coastal city northwest of Los Angeles.
- Stage Manager: automatically organize your apps and windows
- Spotlight: enhanced image search, new search design, quick actions, no more Alfred.
- Passkeys: use Touch ID or Face ID to sign in to everything on the web without input passwords. Earlier in the year, Apple, Google, and Microsoft announced that they have committed to building support for passwordless sign-in across all mobile, desktop, and browser platforms they control in the coming year. In addition, Google released a similar passwordless product at Google I/O 2022 in May.
- iCloud Shared Photo Library: share photos and videos seamlessly with family.
- Continuity Camera: use the iPhone as your webcam — center stage, studio light, Desk View.
- Your mac better be 2017 and later…